Riviera Nayarit (Mexico) is a region that welcomes large numbers of tourists who travel for the vacations or just for a change of scene. It has been rated as a very safe area and is known for its exquisite beaches and perfect climate. If you have thought of visiting, you can choose Nuevo Vallarta vs Puerto Vallarta. But what is special about these two places and what makes them different?
Puerto Vallarta vs. Nuevo Vallarta: what do they have to offer?
Firstly, you have to know that both spots boast spectacular landscapes for you to enjoy. When you go to Puerto Vallarta, you’ll find yourself in a traditional coastal city in the state of Jalisco with beaches, restaurants, contemporary sculptures and water sports on offer.
Where is Nuevo Vallarta? This Mexican resort on the Riviera Nayarit stands out for its modernity – it brings together golf courses, marinas, luxury activities and sandy beaches. Let’s have a closer look at these amazing places and what they have to offer you.
Puerto Vallarta vs Nuevo Vallarta: the beaches. Puerto Vallarta’s beaches are characterized by larger waves and stony sand. The ones in Nuevo Vallarta have calmer seas and softer sand to walk on. The natural and super-comfortable feel of the resorts guarantees you’ll have a relaxing break.
Both resorts offer high-quality, fresh and exquisite food. In Puerto Vallarta, you’ll sample typical flavors in the streets, at the markets and shopping centers. However, in Nuevo Vallarta, you’ll find a large number of 5-star restaurants and cafés where you can order a great coffee and enjoy the day.
There is a wide variety of places to visit and chances to experience a real adventure, whatever you want to get out of your vacation.
In Nuevo Vallarta, you can take a trip to various water parks, try out some adrenaline sports or enjoy the nightlife, either in your hotel or at the beach. You’ll always find somewhere to have fun.
Puerto Vallarta vs. Nuevo Vallarta beaches
If you’ve decided to visit Puerto Vallarta, you can admire the beauty of the landscape and its noteworthy wildlife and plants from the beach. The following are some of the most popular beaches:
- Playa Madagascar: This beach is shaped by rocks and surrounded by jungle, which is why it is known as the hidden paradise. This is the perfect beach for unwinding, as it is far away from the noise of the city and the crowds of tourists.
- Playa De Los Muertos: A very popular beach in Jalisco, where you can stroll around the docks, spend time with your family, make sandcastles and enjoy a refreshing drink or a delicious meal.
- Playa Las Caletas: Although it is private and the only way to get there is by sea, this is the perfect spot for relaxing away from the city. You’ll find a great zoo here as well as children’s playgrounds, nightlife, water sports and four small beaches.
The beaches in Puerto Vallarta are definitely attractive, but nothing like the pristine beaches of Nuevo Vallarta. We recommend you visit these beaches because of, among other reasons, their gentle waves and activities to suit everybody:
- Playa Varadero: This is a quiet spot where you can enjoy every sunset. Because it’s such a large beach, it’s perfect for walking, water sports and family fun.
- Playa Escondida in the Marietas islands: This is one of Nayarit’s most iconic locations, created by the natural activity of rivers and crystal-clear ocean waves. The ocean here is ideal for water sports such as snorkeling and kayaking.
- Playa Flamingos: This is a very quiet and spacious spot with gourmet restaurants and very comfortable facilities. Because very few tourists visit, you can spend a day relaxing in an ambiance that inspires peace and tranquility.
Where is Nuevo Vallarta?
Nuevo Vallarta vs Puerto Vallarta map: another question you might be interested in. Puerto Vallarta is a coastal city in the state of Jalisco, while Nuevo Vallarta is located in the state of Nayarit.
Is Nuevo Vallarta safe? Of course, this is considered a very safe area, meaning tourists can relax and enjoy a real paradise. In fact, this is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Nayarit.
The nearest airport to Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico is Puerto Vallarta (PVR). Lastly, if you’re asking “How far is Nuevo Vallarta from Puerto Vallarta?”, Nuevo Vallarta is 16 kilometers north of Puerto Vallarta.
As you’ll have seen, it is worth considering Puerto Vallarta vs Nuevo Vallarta if you’re thinking about where to spend an unforgettable vacation. Check out the accommodation and condos to rent in Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico.