What to do in Puerto Vallarta México?
This is a question that many people ask when they consider taking a vacation in this Mexican resort. Of course, this beautiful city in the state of Jalisco has multiple panoramas. Each one offers a unique experience for the whole family. From the biggest to the smallest, everyone will have fun and experience unforgettable moments. Take a look at this selection of activities!
Tours in Puerto Vallarta
Being a tourist town, there are dozens of tours in Puerto Vallarta designed for all interests. These are among the most recommended:
- Travel through the city and the surrounding area on a panoramic bus. You will find the most iconic sites in this lovely enclave on a tour with free stops and panoramic views.
- Cascada de Yelapa and snorkel at Majahuitas beach. Visit two of the most unique coves in Mexico on a trip through Yelapa and Majahuitas. Enjoy white sand beaches with calm waters.
- Dolphin and whale watching with an expert. Accompanied by an expert biologist, you will have the opportunity to see humpback whales, sea turtles, dolphins, giant manta rays, and all kinds of marine life. You will learn all about their behavior, habitat, and much more.
- Horseback riding excursion. If that is not enough, you can take in the incredible landscapes surrounding Puerto Vallarta riding a trusty steed. This outing is between four and five hours long. You will be guided by an expert at all times while traversing streams, forests, and groves. This is a very special trail!
Pirate Boat Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta’s pirate boat is an exact, life-sized replica of an 18th-century Spanish galleon ship. It makes a 6-hour journey around the area near the resort and its surroundings. On its deck, you’ll see a show in English and Spanish, so there won’t be any language problems. You will also have many other opportunities to enjoy your voyage:
- Two breakfast options.
- Pirate show with a sword fight in two languages.
- Visit the Majahuitas beach.
- Nine food options.
- Snorkeling adventure.
- Treasure hunt.
- Banana boat ride.
- Kayaking tour.
The pirate boat leaves the Terminal Marítima in Puerto Vallarta at 9:30 am Tuesday to Sunday. If you are going to visit this famous resort, jump aboard me hearty!
Activities in Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta is a city with dozens of diverse natural landscapes to suit all tastes and all types of visitors. We have already mentioned the tours by bus and on the pirate ship, but there are other activities in Puerto Vallarta that you should consider. Some of the most interesting ones follow:
- Canopy. You will be able to fly from mountain to mountain over the river with a circuit of eleven zip lines. Also, you can walk the different trails and enjoy a mule trip that will make your journey unforgettable.
- Cross the world’s longest suspension bridge. You can cross this bridge that is 470 meters long and 150 meters high on foot or in an ATV and enjoy the jungle landscapes. On the other hand, you have the opportunity to cross the Western Sierra Madre on a fascinating ecotourism tour.
- Hiking on nature trails. The surroundings of Puerto Vallarta are full of unique landscapes and trails to explore. Venture along the highland trails, on paths that stretch for more than 12 km, and enjoy the region’s unique fauna and flora.
- Party in the mountains. Have fun alone or with your family at the mountain fiesta, an activity designed to introduce you to the customs and traditions of the past. Explore your surroundings and enjoy the best songs and food in the state of Jalisco. A unique experience!
Puerto Vallarta Waterpark
The Puerto Vallarta waterpark provides adrenaline and fun for your whole family. The smallest members of your household will have the time of their lives there. It offers dozens of unique experiences, with slides ranging from truly extreme to nice and gentle. Which do you prefer?
It also has different size pools, as well as recreational areas where you can rest and eat. Likewise, there are swimming pools, children’s areas and lazy rivers. And the icing on the cake: shows featuring dolphins, sea lions and other sea creatures. You will remember it for the rest of your life!
What to do in Puerto Vallarta? Visit our comfortable accommodation
If you already know what to do in Puerto Vallarta, it’s time to decide on your accommodation so you can have the best break. Have a look at the accommodation we have for you. Click on the link above to see the many options, from bungalows to family apartments. Which one will you choose?